Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Bosom Friend...

Kathryn & Anya ~ 2010

Rosalie, Lukasz & Anya
I have had my copy of Anne of Greene Gables sitting on our book shelf for years.  Our older girls are 16 and 13 and I've been asking them to read it for a few years.  I don't demand that they read much, but make suggestions, when they ask.  Well, finally, they picked up the book.  And devoured it!  Then we had to borrow volumes 2 and 3 from the library because ours are lost.  Then we rented the movie from the library.  (Love inter library loan!!!)  It was so fun to watch this movie and share with them my love of an old movie.  Even the boys liked it.  But what I liked most is how a couple of my girls, Anya and Kathryn, could relate to Anne.  Slightly dramatic...  okay, ALOT dramatic.  Sensitive...  Fancy dresses...  Lovers of good books (finally)...  They come by their nature honestly from their mama, I must confess.  So embarrassing to admit!  :) 

What I love most about our "Anne of Green Gables" adventure has been the love shown between
Lukasz & Anya ~ 2008
our two daughters.  As Kathryn was putting Anya down for her nap one day, Anya looked at her and said, "You are my bosom friend and we are kindred spirits."  They have been buddies for awhile now.  Each older child has a younger buddy to help them get dressed, do chores, potty, etc.  Thank you, Michelle Dugger, for the idea.  This, I think, is a key to having siblings be friends.  They interact with one another all day long.  They share rooms.  They help one another.  They cook together.  Play together.  Learn together.  Work together.  Every day has conflict.  Every day has laughter. 
Mama & Anya
But, "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27:17

As a dear friend of ours told me once, "We are like rocks on the bottom of a river.  As the water washes over the rocks, the rocks rub together, making them smooth."  I won't resent those rocks in my life, those children, husband, family or friends who God is using to make me more like Him.

My desire is that my husband and children will be my bosom friends.  That we will continue to draw closer to Christ and closer to one another.  

Ryan, Rosalie & Izabella ~ 2011
1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

I need more of Jesus.  More of His love.  More of His Power.
Amen!

In His Grip,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment