Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Slight Obsession

     If you know me personally, you may or may not know that I have an obsession.  Well, a few, really, but the one obsession that I've had the longest would be...  laundry.  If you were to talk to my younger sister, she could probably tell you the story of the time we were folding laundry together & I refolded the underwear she folded.  Underwear gets folded in half, front side up, NOT bottom side up.  We have laughed over that little incident time and again.  
     I LOVE laundry.  I love the shelf with all the baskets of dirty laundry.  Love it even more when they are empty.  I love the line of shelves with the folded laundry.  One basket per person.  I love the routine.  The control.  
     This past winter, every appliance in our house broke, I think.  But, most importantly, my washer broke.  Normally, we just call the repair guy, but it's not under warranty any more. *pout*  My dear hubby tore it apart, figured out what was wrong, looked up the part on line & figured we didn't have the money to fix it.  *nother pout*  Friends of ours brought over a washing machine for us to use until mine was fixed.  I have a king size mega washer.  This was a little itty bitty washing machine.  Yes, it washed clothes, but 2 pairs of jeans and a couple shirts.  I have a family of 9.  Laundry was piling up.  And piling up.  I just could not get caught up.  I begged hubby.  He took me to the laundry mat.  LOVE the laundry mat!  Then another couple gave us their old washing machine, a commercial, heavy duty one!  Yeah!!!  So, now I had my wee little one & the heavy duty one.  2 washing machines!  Hubby fixed my old washer.  Another part broke on it in a week.  I was so mad I could've spit.  FINALLY, my beautiful king size washing machine that I dearly love was fixed.  Somewhere in the midst of all that, the dryer broke & I started hanging clothes on the line.  (in February!)  Now, I have two, king size, heavy duty, beautiful washing machines & an eight line clothes line.  I can have 4 loads of laundry done by 10 am if I'm on the ball in the morning.
     The point of my little story is not, "look how great my laundry system is" or anything like that at all.  As I'm in my sanctuary a.k.a laundry room, I am so thankful for the trials of this past winter.  God is faithful & blessed me far beyond all I could ever ask or imagine!
     If you are in the midst of a trial right now, I pray you will continue to lean on Him & praise Him for the ways He is working in your life right now.

In His Grip,
Daniel & Laura

Photobucket>

No comments:

Post a Comment